i'm not sure if the whole world knows how easy this is and i was just left in the dark, but i thought i'd share a step-by-step tutorial for someone out there just like me :)
30 minute freezer raspberry jam
makes about 7-8 containers
3 1/2 cups raspberries
5 1/2 cups sugar
1 box sure-jell fruit pectin
3/4 cup water
* in a strainer, rinse raspberries. drain.
* smash/crush/mix raspberries. we did this in a blender, but if you want a more "lumpy" jam, you can smash the fruit by hand.
* pour fruit into large bowl, and mix in sugar. stir well.
* mix water and pectin in small saucepan. bring to boil, and stir constantly for 1 minute. pour pectin mixture into fruit and stir until completely dissolved. (about 3-5 minutes)
* pour jam into jars leaving about half an inch at the top. let stand for a few hours, then cover with lids. some leave jars out for 24 hours, but you can put the jars in the freezer as soon as you think it has set up. (i put mine in the freezer after about 8 hours.)
* and now you are ready to enjoy!!
i am addicted ... looking for any excuse to spread it on every meal :)
- if you want to switch the raspberries out for strawberries, go here.