it's funny, sometimes blogging can be a discouraging thing. those times when i focus too much on others perfect outfits and houses and families. their creative styles of writing or fun outlook on life.
but then there are those times when blogging is my favorite outlet! like when i snap a cool picture, or find an inspiring writer. when i can talk about my very ordinary life, or read about someone else who also has an ordinary life. or sometimes blogging is fun when you get nominated for an award!!
sarah from the mr. and the mrs. nominated me for the versatile blogger. i am quite honored she thought of me and excited to join along :)
1. thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. include a link to their site.
3. include the award image in your post.
4. give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. when nominating, include a link to their site.
7. let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
dearest sarah, thank you for nominating me. it made my day and reminded me that being versatile, unique, different, random - is a good thing :)
seven random bits about me:
* i once beat the entire super mario world on super ninendo in one day. one saturday, my little brother and i stayed in our pajamas and beat bowser in 8 hours. yes, that was an extremely rewarding day.
* jazz music makes my heart happy. i can't help but smile when a little frank or dean plays on the oldies station. good thing we have michael to bring back this stuff :)
* i hate honey. yes, i know. "how can you hate honey?" my husband asks me this all the time, but no matter how many times i've tried it - i still think it's gross. don't get me wrong, i love honey mustard, honey bbq, honey anything - except the real, natural thing.
* i wish i was brave enough to take a salsa class. you know that scene in the wedding planner? jennifer lopez's red dress? yes, secretly i wish that was me. i guess until i work up the nerve, i'll just keep cha chaaing back and forth.
* when i was younger, i used to make sure every door and window was locked before i could fall asleep. if i forgot to look, i just knew i was going to be kidnapped. so i would have to get out of bed to check again.
* i am left handed. aaannndd i recently discovered that only 8% of US women are. just another statistic that makes me feel important.
* people in masks terrify me. not just the scary goblin, ape, monster masks. any mask. for our honeymoon, we went to florida and while in epcot winnie-the-pooh came up and hugged me. i almost started to cry. i don't know what it is, but not knowing who is behind that perfect hiding place for a creeper - makes me quiver.
here are my nominees - go check them out!