Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Remember that book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"?

It kind of makes me think of my day today.

Today has been terrible, horrible, no good, and very bad. It's just been long.

So I'm trying to be positive. Here goes.

Today I got up at 7:20 and still managed to make it to work on time at 8:00.

Although the air conditioning is out at work, today I learned that the ice machine by my desk makes crushed ice which cools me down quite nicely.

My registration and licensing needed to be paid and although it cost me $384, today I have a legal car.

I read an email today from one of my best friends and although he said he might have to come home for surgery, I realized I have amazing friends.

While browsing through Facebook today, I found out an old "friend" has a new "friend." Although I've always been a tad bitter to this "friend," today (for the first time) I didn't have those overwhelming feeling towards him. (or his new "friend.")

And to make my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day even a little bit brighter... I ate a peanut butter and banana sandwich today. 'Nuff said.

The day's not over yet... We'll see what the rest of these 24 hours has to bring.

(On another much brighter side, I took these pictures yesterday... kind of cool huh?)

1 comment:

  1. If you need something to brighten your day go to thepioneerwoman.com and read her love story. Its probably the cutest thing you'll read in your life!! If that doesnt brighten up your day then i dont know what will!!

    ReplyDelete

These little notes sure brighten my day :)