Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

if you're planning a trip to nauvoo...

* you'll probably pass a few signs that remind you how exciting the drive is...
 

* you won't want to skip over brandon, iowa...
 
... home to one of the world's largest frying pans.

* you need to pretend you're a pioneer, and play like they did...

* you really should stop by the blacksmith shop and brick yard to get you some cool souvenirs...

* stop by annie's to get the best custard you'll ever taste... 
 (and while you're there, make a cool napkin! everyone's doing it.)
  

* then, get in your car and drive to carthage... 
 
 ... one of the most spiritual places i've ever visited.

* make sure to visit the nauvoo temple at sunset...
* and last but not least, don't forget to bring your family along...
 
 
really though, if you're thinking about going - let me know and i'll give you all the little details :)

happy monday!

3 comments:

  1. haha. laughing at those signs! this was pretty much my weekend in a nutshell ... being in Odessa, MO at the fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like this sign would fit perfectly for anywhere in the midwest! Haha glad you relate :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my. I love Nauvoo SO much. I've never had that custard though. Next time I go for sure. And I agree, Carthage is amazing. One of the most profound, spiritual experiences of my life.

    ReplyDelete

These little notes sure brighten my day :)