Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

tid + bits.

photo taken by this talented photographer.
+ this week has been non-stop. moving. working. cleaning. getting over a migraine. etc. so to ease all the craziness - i've been turning to a new addiction: frozen yogurt. i recently bought some waffle bowls and strawberries and when i mixed them all together - i got heaven. to say the least: sugar is my stress relief. (maybe, just maybe, it will change to exercise one day? i sure hope so.)

+ after cleaning out our cupboards, we found this beauty. canned chicken.  honestly friends, we have not been able to bring ourselves to eat it. maybe because it's canned, but probably just because it looks really scary. (wedding gift) anyone canned meat before? thoughts? words of encouragement?

+ this picture was sent while my husband was working on his farm this week. under the picture it said, "stupid blow snake bit me!" i immediately called him and with the most worried wife voice i have ever had i asked, "is that serious?" all i got was laughter. i guess blow snakes aren't that ferocious - he just scared it while trying to take a picture for me. all day i was reminding myself, "if red touches black, you're okay jack. if red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow." i just hate snakes.

+ probably the biggest highlight of our week was getting a brand new nephew! (#8) mason was born early tuesday morning and he is just about as cute as they come. i look up to emily and jake so much and am grateful for their example for us. one day we will be fun parents like them :)

happy thursday!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Maben's grandma gave me some canned chicken one time, and I was scared to death to use it. It does look scary. One day I started chicken enchiladas, and I didn't have quite enough chicken. I broke down and opened the jar. It was actually really good. It was super tender because it had been pressure cooked. Anyway, hope that helps. I ended up really liking it.

    Oh, and sugar also makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE frozen yogurt. Mmm! And I've never heard of canned chicken. That does sound scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my .... i'd be afraid of the canned chicken too!

    ReplyDelete

These little notes sure brighten my day :)