Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

i had to share this funny "english teacher" joke i got from my mom this week. it's from the book titled, "eats, shoots and leaves." i found it on the floor yesterday and thought, "just another boring book about spelling and punctuation." but i read the back cover and laughed at how wrong i was. this is an english women's (as in from england) take on how vital punctuation is - and all the terrible things that happen when we use it wrong!

also funny, is this one: 
(two of the same letter - just different punctuation.) 

#1
"Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy–will you let me be yours? Gloria"
 
#2:
"Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be? Yours, Gloria"


i know, classic. hope you enjoyed as much as i did :)
happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These little notes sure brighten my day :)