Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

hawaii

december 16th-25th 2009 proved to be one of the most magical experiences of my life.... sand. sun. sunsets. surfing (my mom would be proud of my brilliant use of alliteration right there) ... sounds too good to be true right? wrong! for Christmas this year i was in heaven (aka HAWAII!)

i can't describe in words how incredible this place really is... so here are some pictures :) enjoy!




highlights:
  • hiking to waimea falls... freezing water, but totally worth it!
  • cliff jumping... i ended up being muddier than i've ever been before!
  • mom getting a tattoo but then telling me i had to take a picture because she wanted to prove to her students that she was "chill." i love her.
  • taylor graduating!
  • surfing was a highlight for me... maybe because i was taught by a cute boy, maybe because i can say now that i've been? you decide.
  • seeing the laie temple
  • eating at ted's bakery (disclaimer: eating was great... but seeing all the surfers: that was even better!)
  • snorkling
  • seeing the AMAZING sunrises and sunsets truly proved to be an epic experience!!
these are just a few of the many other things we did while on the island of oahu. if this doesn't convince you to go, let me tell you what will: hawaii has the most amazing acai bowls in the world! i know doing all those other things were well worth our time, but eating one of these... truly was the icing on the cake.

chow,
kaitlyn

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with the blog revamp and can I just say that all of these pictures look profess! LOvE it, love you!

    ReplyDelete

These little notes sure brighten my day :)